Would you like to work for an international organization? Do you love finances and are you good in accounting? Then read on!
The European Association of Urology is a scientific urological association with currently well over 16,000 members. Members are medical professionals working in the urological field or related medical specialties. As an organization, the EAU offers an extensive package of products and services relating to science, education and publications to their members. Almost all of the logistics related to these activities are concentrated in a Central Office, based in Arnhem, The Netherlands
The EAU Central Office www.uroweb.org in Arnhem is looking for an enthusiastic and talented:
Financial Assistant (m/f)
16-24 hours a week
The Financial Assistant (FA) provides an accurate, efficient customer accounts receivable service in accordance with accounting procedures and internal policy. The FA ensures timely collection of any outstanding monies. The FA reports to the Manager Finance & Control.
The position of Financial Assistant concerns the following result areas/responsibilities:
- Processing of corporate invoices/accounts receivable
- Follow up overdue accounts, ensuring reminder notices are sent
- Monthly reconciliation of debtor control
- Produce financial reports as requested using Unit4 and spread sheets
- Prepare and process financial documentation for cash flow and account records
- Provide aged debtors report including current status of follow-up and provide additional information with regard to the recoverability of amount outstanding to assist in the determination of bad debts
- Provide advice, information and attend to enquiries from internal and external customers
- Act as reference point for all employees regarding accounts receivable
- Liaise and cooperate with auditors when requested
- Contribute to the project teams
- Assist in payment procedures
- Other duties as directed by the Manager Finance & Control
- MBO level of education in an economic, financial or administrative direction.
- 2-5 Years of experience in a similar position.
- Some education in English or experience abroad would be a strong advantage.
- Familiar with MS Office applications especially Excel.
- Sound knowledge of accounts receivable software (Unit4) and procedures.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English and Dutch.
- Other essential skills/competences are Accuracy, Sense of duty, Quality-oriented, Result-oriented, Cooperation, Customer-oriented, Flexibility and Integrity.